Today is the last day for the free Conscious Box giveaway! Hurry and sign up before it ends!
Friday, May 3, 2013
Today I am linking up with Lauren Elizabeth to share 5 highlights from my week.
1. It rained a lot this week. Most people don't like that but I actually like when it rains unless it is just constant and freezing outside.
2. I signed up for some online classes in photography, photoshop, web animation, and web development. I really hope I like them. I bought them on groupon so they are a lot cheaper than what they would cost normally.
3. I've gone in an hour early every day this week but in return I have gotten off an hour early everyday. It has been nice getting off at 4:00 and getting home and having dinner made and eaten by 6:00.
4. My sweet husband brought me a daisy to work Tuesday because he knew I was having a bad day! The card said Just Because I love you! :) He is so sweet !
5. I'm having a pretty cool giveaway! Hurry and sign up before it ends!
Thursday, May 2, 2013
When we decided we wanted to do Foster Care, I got online and read blogs/forums and really didn't get answers on the timeline from signing up to actually having our home open for children. Even though our home isn't open yet, I thought I would share the timeline from the beginning to where we are now.
In late September we started talking about the possibility of opening our home for fostering children. Honestly, fostering isn't anything I thought I would EVER do or want to do for that matter. A friend of mine who works in the system posted a message on Facebook to all foster parents that they needed an emergency placement for a newborn. I asked Josh "If there was a baby that needed a home for a short time would you be willing to do that" and he quickly said "Absolutely!" It didn't occur to me until later that THAT WAS FOSTERING! lol The word "fostering" scared me... but giving a child a home for a short time didn't. Ummm, well Duh Robin its the same thing! The more we talked about it, the more we thought we would like to try it. We started praying about it and before long found ourselves calling and asking to be sent the paperwork to get the process started.
We called for the paperwork and received it in the mail the very next day. We got it filled out immediately. The part that took the longest was fingerprinting but that is because we had to go to the jail to have it done. After filling out paperwork it took 3 months for all the background checks to come back. They called me in late December to tell me all our paperwork was in and they would be coming to our house in January for a home visit. Our resource worker came to our house January 4th to do our home visit. It took about 2 hours. (If you would like a separate post on what all they did at our home visit let me know and I'd be glad to write one).
We started our PRIDE classes in late March and just finished the last one on April 27th.
Now we are getting everything on our checklist done and turned in and waiting on the people who did our training to come back to our house and do a few interviews. They have 45 business days from the day we finished out last class to get all our paper work turned into DHS. We will have a final home study that will determine whether or not our home is open.
Once our home is open we will start receiving phone calls for children that are available.
The hardest part of this process so far has been all the wait. Its not a quick process so if you are impatient like my husband and I it will be difficult waiting.
***Remember, I am located in Arkansas. My process may be different than yours. I just wanted to share my experience because I couldn't find a whole lot when I was trying to gather information.***
Monday, April 29, 2013
Have you ever heard of Conscious Box? It is a monthly subscription box that delivers the purest, most natural products on the planet, right to your doorstep! I'm not vegan or vegetarian but I do like natural products. These boxes are packed full and I think you anyone would love them!
How Does Conscious Box work?
- Get a variety of unique pure & natural products every month!
- From organic food to vegan beauty products, you’re sure to find new favorites!
- Discover ethical and purpose-driven businesses of all sizes!
- Get content on daily living tips, exciting monthly themes, and creative ways to use your box!
- Easily earn points you can apply to full size products for unbeatable discounts!
You can even get gluten free and vegan boxes if you want.
GIVEAWAY: One FREE box for the winner.
You must be a follower of my blog to enter.
You must be a follower of my blog to enter.
Friday, April 26, 2013
Last weekend was Star Daze (a home town festival) and we took Tucker up there just to ride rides. We didn't eat or stay for the music because he just doesn't do well in real crowded areas. He wants to run everywhere he goes and I'm the crazy woman chasing her two year old everywhere! Here are a few pictures of him riding the rides... as you can tell from his silly looks he loved it!
FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY
1. I HATE putting on lotion. Maybe I'm a little bit dramatic but I feel like it takes FOREVER!! (pump pump pump, rub rub rub, pump pump pump, rub rub rub, etc.) Well I saw a commercial for this stuff and LOVE it! It makes it sooo much easier and so much faster! It isn't a thick heavy lotion but great for an every morning and every night thing.
2. Our very last foster class is tomorrow! If things go like they are supposed to we should have an open house by the summer! I'm so excited!
3. I'm cooking up some ideas for an etsy store! I don't want to mention too much because I'm not good at sticking to anything when it doesn't take off like I want it to so we will see! lol
4. I picked up my bridesmaids dress for a wedding I'm in this summer.
5. I got a new phone cover for my phone and LOVE It!
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Have you ever tried something on Pinterest that changed your life? I've come across a few but the best one I have found that has really made a huge difference is a teeth whitening Pin. I'm not sure who the original pinner is because whoever pinned it before me didn't do it correctly so this is all you get when you click on it:
BUT... If you follow the directions in the caption, it works perfectly! I tell you this is GREAT! I could tell a difference from the very first use! Seriously! Try it!